Job Title: Clinical Resources Rural Co-Lead
The Clinical Resources Co-Lead is primarily responsible for the development and execution of a fresh engagement strategy to bring in new clinical resources and spark vibrant online discussions around the content for the BC Emergency Medicine Network (BC EM Network). This includes the creation, curation and review of new audiovisual content and other popular forms of online medical information such as blogs. The successful candidate will use online networking tools, such as MedTwitter and YouTube, to promote and engage member discussions on the resources.
They will serve as a member of the BC Emergency Medicine Network management team and collaborate with the existing Clinical Resources Co-Lead and Clinical Resources Project Coordinator to execute on various provincial projects and deliverables for the BC EM Network for the clinical resource section but also the network at large.
Who You Are
- A physician based in rural emergency practice.
- Strong knowledge and experience in emergency medicine.
- Conversant in FOAM and social media.
- Passionate about creating a vibrant community of EM practitioners in BC.
- Interested in creating innovative ways to translate knowledge to practice.
- Understands and believes in the importance of working with the whole care team and patients.
- Collaborative in your approach to understanding the needs of and finding solutions to support emergency care providers.
- Knowledge of and interest in learning more about digital strategies to enhance user experience and engagement.
- Experience in using a variety of channels to access emergency medicine resources (e.g. MedTwitter, podcasts, etc.).
- Fluent in conversing on online networking platforms.
- Willing to curate, create and review, including editing, audiovisual EM resources.
- Collaborate with existing co-Lead for Clinical Resources Program.
- Develop new strategies to incorporate new Audiovisual content curation/creation for the EM Network.
- Facilitate the production of audio clinical summaries on EM-related topics.
- Facilitate the production of procedural videos on EM-related topics.
- Work with rural practitioners to incorporate rural input into clinical resources.
- Review and develop linkages to support Real-Time Virtual Support (RTVS).
- Promote online awareness of clinical resources.
- Encourage and participate in online discussions around clinical resources.
- Strengthen existing relationships with partner entities (e.g. RTVS, TREKK, RCCbc).
- Participate in UBC FLEX (Flexible and enhanced learning) program with medical students and with other residents.
- Participate in bi-weekly management meetings.
- Approximately 1 day/week.
- Bi-weekly BC Emergency Medicine Network management meetings.
- Bi-annual Advisory Committee meetings.
- Flexible start date to March 31, 2022 with expected renewal.
Reports to the Executive Medical Director of the BC Emergency Medicine Network and collaborates with the existing Clinical Resources Lead (Co-lead), Julian Marsden.
9-month contractor agreement with expected renewal. $22,500 GST inclusive.
The BC Emergency Medicine Network is strongly committed to employment equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, inclusive of sex, gender, race, religion and disability.
Please send a statement of interest to: email@example.com.
- This position is open until February 4, 2022.
Add public comment…