Neurology. Epilepsy. Seizure.
A 5-year-old boy with a 3-day history of fever presents with his first seizure lasting for 10 minutes. He is unresponsive and has some abnormal posturing. IV and IO access is not obtained. The Learner must work through the BCCH status epilepticus protocol and workup patient appropriately.
Goals and Objectives
Objectives (Medical and CRM):
- Recognize status epilepticus in a child.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different routes of administration of antiepileptics in children.
- Follow BCCH status epilepticus protocol.
- Appropriately initiate workup of status epilepticus.
- Assign clear roles and used closed-loop communication.
- Demonstrate leadership in a CTAS 1 situation.
Add public comment…