Traumatic brain injury. TBI. Shock. Raised ICP. Femur Fracture.
A young healthy patient falls from height and sustains a serious head injury. His LOC is decreased and he will require intubation. There is evidence of raised ICP requiring management. He also has a femur fracture that requires traction to control ongoing hemorrhage from long bone fracture.
Goals and Objectives
- Management of Major Head Injury.
Objectives (Medical and CRM):
- Quickly assess and address trauma patient’s ABC’s.
- Consider preparation, equipment, drugs required for traumas and airway management.
- Consider and plan (verbally or physically) for complications of trauma including possible hemodynamic compromise, raised intracranial pressure.
- Demonstrate role clarity, delegation of roles and responsibilities at the initiation of the scenario.
- Demonstrate effective communication during the scenario: constructing clear messages, closed-loop communication, shared mental model.
Add public comment…