Rural Urgent Doctors in-aid (RUDi)
The RUDi support pathway provides peer-to-peer support for physicians facing emergency cases across BC. RUDi is staffed by EM Network members with emergency medicine and rural experience. RUDi is available 24/7 by Zoom and phone. RUDi physicians offer:
• Collaborative support in critical times
• Help to direct your call to the best real-time support pathway
• Help to navigate the healthcare system
• A second opinion on cases
• Mentorship, education, and community
This is a great service that I would highly recommend for physicians working in rural settings. You don’t have to make decisions alone at 03:00 in the morning, when it is just you and your nurse taking care of a critically sick individual. Kudos!
– Family Physician, Interior Health
Who to Call: ROSe or RUDi?
Facing a critical head trauma in an isolated BC community, physician Caroline Walker relied on both ROSe and RUDi real-time virtual support pathways to help her patient. She shares how both services worked in concert to provide critical, just-in-time support. ROSe and RUDi physicians explain key differences between the two services and what they share in common.