As a member of the BC Emergency Medicine Network, you can:
- Join a true network of your peers: emergency medicine physician practitioners from across BC
- Connect directly with any member practicing emergency care across BC
- Participate in private, members-only online discussions
- Curate, create and comment on the resources
- Provide feedback and help to drive the focus of the Network
Why We Need You
As physicians working in emergency medicine, your voice is essential to guide the Network to:
- Provide real and sustainable system improvements to emergency care BC
- Share expertise from across the province to inform point-of-care clinical resources to support best practice
- Create a vibrant network for emergency practitioners, policymakers, provincial and local emergency care leaders, researchers, quality care experts, educators, and patients
It's free to join!Register Now
Engagement is the difference between showing up – and sticking around. Between looking and buying. Trying and doing. Listening and learning. Chasing and leading . . . Engagement is what happens when an activity attracts and holds a person’s attention. It’s the state of being pleasurably immersed in doing something – and wanting to keep doing it. Of being disappointed when the experience is over.
Denise E. Witherswww.denisewithers.com
The BC Emergency Medicine Network places a huge premium on engaging patients, getting their advice and perspective so that we can better plan and implement programs. To do so, we have dedicated patients who sit on the Advisory Committee and collaborate on the planning and operations of the Network.
We are also leading in empowering patients and the public in such a large enterprise and we look forward to seeing how their insights can mould the Network to make it relevant to them.
Partners are interested parties from a range of different backgrounds who support improving health outcomes in emergency medicine care. While they have no governance over the BC Emergency Medicine Network, they acknowledge, support, and share the Network’s goals.
Sponsors are a special group of partners who are also providing funding or in-kind support for the development and implementation of the Network. The Network will be reporting regularly to each of these agencies to ensure that we are fiscally responsible and achieving our specific deliverables.
We are currently forming the Members Council so that members can be part of this more engaged team of emergency practitioners from urban, rural, and remote areas across BC. This group will provide regular input and advice to the Advisory Committee and will champion physician engagement in their local communities.