Pediatrics. Rural. Remote.
Severe anaphylaxis in a 7-year-old female in a remote northern community.
Goals and Objectives
- To practice managing a critical pediatric patient in a remote setting utilizing Real-Time Virtual Support (RTVS) resources.
Objectives (Medical and CRM):
- Practice the management of pediatric anaphylaxis in a remote setting with limited resources.
- Build relationships between RTVS pathways, particularly RUDI and CHARLIE.
- Build relationships between RTVS and Nursing stations/rural/remote communities.
- Improve telemedicine and SIM tele-facilitation skills of healthcare providers providing virtual care.
- Consider logistical challenges in transferring patients from remote northern communities.
Learn more about Real-Time Virtual Support (RTVS) Pathways in BC.
Add public comment…