Cardiogenic Shock. Acute CHF. Pneumonia. Vasopressor.
Elderly patient with a complex medical history significant for coronary artery disease burden presented to ED with SOB and ALOC. Initial clinical picture was suspicious for CHF. With further investigations, patient was found to have community acquired pneumonia.
- Use RTVS support in the management of undifferentiated, medically complex elderly patient in resource limited setting.
- Approach to undifferentiated Altered LOC and SOB.
Objectives (Medical and CRM):
- In a limited resources setting with limited initial information, communicate effectively with team members in the care of a complex, critically ill patient.
- Prioritize orders, medication administration, and airway management among team members appropriately.
- Recognize and appropriately manage cardiogenic shock.
- Communicate and coordinate urgent consultation while managing complex patient.
- Coordinating transfer to higher level of care.
Add public comment…