A 4 year-old boy is brought in with chest pain, difficulty breathing, and fever. He has had flu-like symptoms, malaise, muscle weakness, and vomiting. His status worsens with fluid administration. He develops a wide-complex tachycardia and pulmonary edema.
Goals and Objectives
Objectives (Medical and CRM):
- Recognize the nonspecific presentation of myocarditis in children, and have a low threshold of suspicion in a child presenting with fever and respiratory symptoms.
- Recognize cardiogenic shock.
- Recognize management of wide-complex tachycardia with a pulse.
- Discuss basic myocarditis management principles.
- Demonstrate effective team communication.
Add public comment…