Undifferentiated shock. Hypovolemic shock.
30-year-old female with syncopal episode at a party presents with undifferentiated shock and progresses to hemorrhagic shock from ectopic pregnancy.
Goals and Objectives
- Early recognition of ectopic pregnancy as cause of undifferentiated shock.
Objectives (Medical and CRM):
- Recognize a potentially unstable patient, move patient to appropriate location and initiate early management of shock.
- Select appropriate investigations.
- Generate an appropriate differential diagnosis of undifferentiated shock.
- Hemodynamic- trauma/GI Bleed/GI losses.
- Consider pregnancy in all females of childbearing age.
Add public comment…