Looking for a host, or a dynamic duo, for a monthly podcast series
The EM Network is seeking a host, or a dynamic duo, for a monthly podcast series related to emergency medicine for the BC EM Network. No previous experience is required. As an ideal host(s) you bring a good sense of humour, high energy, a collaborative spirit, a knack for spotting emerging trends in EM, and a set of connections. You will have creative freedom in the style/format of the series: interview style, narrative/storytelling, unpacking EM cases, or some combination of the above.
Compensation and Training
The EM Network will also cover registration and travel to Anton Helman’s famed Podcast CAMP in Toronto, September 21-22, 2019. “Podcast CAMP is a two day intensive course dedicated to medical education podcast production – by podcasters – for podcasters. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro, this interactive, small-group, hands-on immersive experience will help you not only sharpen your technical podcasting skills, but give you valuable knowledge, tips, and tricks to produce your own high quality educational and impactful podcast.” – www.podcastcamp.org
Compensation may also include software, subscriptions, and equipment for home recording as identified following the Podcast camp. Any travel required to record podcast episodes will be reimbursed. Podcast hosts will receive a $100 gift card per episode.
- Plan, prepare and deliver fresh and engaging recorded content for the EM Network members audience in an entertaining and professional manner.
- Record a minimum of 2 episodes in 2019 and 10 episodes in 2020; each approximately 10-20 minutes.
- Work with EM Network Staff to edit and refine episodes for publication.
- Assist EM Network staff in promoting the Podcast amongst EM colleagues.
- Handle or support the logistics in recording, editing, and publishing so you can focus on the creative.
- Work with you in planning topics and recruiting interviewees.
- Promote the podcast through the website and social media channels.
- Provide all equipment.
Send us a paragraph or two on why you should be our inaugural Podcaster. Better still, send us a two-minute video or audio clip introducing yourself and what you would imagine for the role in its first year.