This episode of the BC EM Network podcast series tries out an interview format with Dr. Daniel Kalla, an internationally best-selling novelist and BC emergency physician. Dan has just released his 11th novel, The Last High – a thrilling medical mystery set in Vancouver, BC. Learn about his start in writing, his process and influences, and dive into the importance of the international opioid crisis.
Daniel Kalla – danielkalla.com
Resources for Emergency Care Practitioners
- Oral Opioid Analgesic Conversion Table (McMaster University)
- Buprenorphine (Suboxone) Initiation for Opioid Use Disorder Patients (BC EM Network)
- Opioid Overdoses – Management (BC EM Network)
- Suboxone Take Home (Buprenorphine-Naloxone) Patient Information Sheet (BC EM Network)
Conflict of Interest Statements
- Adam Lund is an emergency physician and Clinical Associate Professor at UBC, with no conflicts related to this interview. He is the Communications Liaison for the BC Emergency Medicine Network.
- Daniel Kalla is the author of the book reviewed in this interview, as well as an emergency physician and Clinical Associate Professor at UBC.
- Neither participant received any additional/direct funding from the publisher by participating in this voluntary interview.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this podcast are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of the BC Emergency Medicine Network.
Add public comment…
End of Shift Podcast