Pathways is an online resource that provides physicians and their office staff/teams quick access to current and accurate referral information, including wait times and areas of expertise of specialists and clinics.
Pathway also provides access to hundreds of patient and physician resources, as well community & health authority service information that is categorized and searchable.
In addition, Pathways has two public facing directories, Community & Health Authority Service Directory, and the Pathways Medical Care Directory.
Pathways consists of four core elements:
Medical Pathways (login required):
- Directory of specialists, clinics & Pool intakes including:
– Type of referrals accepted
– Areas of special interest
– Telehealth options
– Referral requirements
– Wait times
– Forms: Pathways is recognized as the provincial forms repository
- Patient resources: a curated collection of patient resources from trusted sources, emailable to patients from a Pathways no-reply email.
- Physician resources: a curated collection of clinician resources and clinical tools for use at point of care.
- Care Pathways: condition-based clinical algorithms with embedded Pathways links to streamline care.
- Directory of Community and Health Authority Services: helps clinicians link patients to services that support patient wellness.
Referral Tracker (login required):
- E-referral system that allows referrals to be sent and received including:
– Collaborative dashboard: allows FPs and SPs to view the status of referrals in real time.
– Secure communication mechanism.
– Electronic patient notification system.
Public Medical Care Directory
- Public facing directory of family physicians: One-stop online directory where British Columbians can easily find information about how their doctor is providing virtual and in-person care.
- Find a primary care provider: Info on how to access primary care for unattached patients.
Public Community Services Directory
- Public facing directories available in a number of communities.
- Provides variety of both health and social services.
- Highly filterable & searchable content allows specific services to be found quickly.
- Helps navigators link patients to services that support patient wellness.
Visit pathwaysbc.ca to view the directories and request your login.
Add public comment…