Measurement System for Physician Quality Improvement (MSPQI)
The Measurement System for Physician Quality Improvement (MSPQI) is a collaborative province-wide measurement system under development in BC. It is jointly developed by the Doctors of BC, the Ministry of Health, Health Authorities, and the BC Patient Safety and Quality Council serves as Secretariat.
The MSPQI program is voluntary and will not be used to manage individual physician performance.
The BC EM Network is engaging emergency practitioners to help define measures that may be useful to them and assisting in pilot testing with volunteer physicians/teams of physicians.
The purpose of MSPQI is to provide physicians with individual quality measures data they can use to work towards ongoing, self-reflective quality improvement. The ultimate goal is to provide better experiences for patients and care providers and a cost-effective health system. Aggregate, anonymized data may be shared for planning and assessment with the aim of improving patient care system-wide.
The MSPQI Acute and Emergency Care Quality Measure Group is seeking physician input on appropriate quality improvement measures. The goal is to collaborate with BC Emergency Medicine Network physicians to pilot the quality measures and collect feedback from the broader emergency medicine community.
Watch the video to find out how BC Emergency Medicine Network members can be involved!
For more on the MSPQI initiative, view the Detailed FAQs and lookout for more information coming soon.
Questions or comments? We would love to hear from you!
We would like for all EM Network members to fully understand and engage with the process of Quality Improvement. Please submit your comments and questions in the section below.
Here are some suggested questions that you can help us answer in the comments below.
- As an emergency care practitioner, what would you identify as the most important individual physician level priorities to measure quality improvement?
- What would you identify as the most important system-level priorities to measure quality improvement as an emergency care practitioner?
- What kinds of measures/QI tools/reports have been helpful to you in the past?
- If you could measure/understand one thing about your current practice of emergency medicine, what would it be?
- What excites you or concerns you about this initiative?
You can also reach out to the EM Network at email@example.com.
Add public comment…