Improving Survival in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest
To have the best survival rates in the world among patients who have cardiac arrest in our communities.
- Ongoing study to determine the effectiveness of ECPR for improving survival among OHCA
- BC Prehospital Resuscitation Research Group Monthly Research Rounds
- Acceptance into the ACCESS Trial, a randomized clinical trial which will determine the effectiveness of early access to angiography for those with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with initial shockable rhythms
- Improve patient outcomes.
- Lead innovation in research and clinical interventions.
- Strengthen chain of survival from recognition to rehabilitation.
- Create an internationally renowned Resuscitation Research Centre.
- Improved survival rates year after year.
- Improved quality of life for cardiac survivors.
- Improved rates of bystander CPR.
- Improved quality of CPR.
- Increased survival for patients who receive extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation (ECPR).
- Growth and recognition of world-class Resuscitation Research Centre.