Continuing Professional Training Program
We will teach and maintain skills relevant to emergency medicine quality practice for emergency practitioners across BC.
- Simulated Trauma Resuscitation Update Course (STRUC), initially offered only to VCH inter professional emergency teams, now expanding to engage Fraser Health Authority and Interior Health Authority emergency departments
- Creating rural emergency medicine simulation curriculum for UBC Family residents, based on a needs-assessment of key stakeholders
- Collaborating with IHA Simulation Program to offer STRUC, SEMP and CRISP courses for rural and regional communities in IHA.
- Development of CPD section of the EMN website, including a listing of all high-quality and relevant CPD courses, CPD calendar, and needs-assessment survey to help all 95 emergency departments in BC identify unique CPD needs and to connect with CPD offerings.
- Work with the Center of Excellence in Surgical Education and Innovation to develop sustainable simulation skills educational programs
- Support and enhance the programs developed under the Rural Care Collaboration program in the Department of Family Practice
- Collaborate with other regional simulation-based programs to be as effective as possible in distributing simulation-based courses
Develop a sustainable delivery system of simulation-based courses that keep skills current for all 1000 emergency physician practitioners in B.C.