Simulation Instructor Course (SIC)
The Simulation Instructor Course is a 1-day hands-on course that enables interprofessional healthcare teams to initiate or improve the quality of their own simulation training programs. In most cases, local teams of physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, and their leadership participate in this course together as a way to initiate or advance their simulation program, motivated by the shared goal of improving quality and safety for their patients and staff.
This course can travel to your own hospital.
At the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Describe the evidence for in-situ interprofessional team training (ISIPTT)
- Describe the expected outcomes of ISIPTT
- Describe simulation session components
- Write a simulation scenario
- Apply debriefing methods in practice sessions
- Incorporate low fidelity as well as high fidelity simulators for training
- Develop an Insitu simulation program for your healthcare team
Testimonial from previous participants
“Thank you for coming over and sharing your expertise with the Burnaby Hospital staff today. It was very well received. The course provided relevant guidance for starting up our own in situ simulation. It gives us an opportunity to build on your past experience and create a simulation experience tailored to Burnaby Hospital’s need. And thanks for giving us permission to use your template, which is exceptionally well designed. It was incredibly useful to dissect the sim component and examine each part in detail. The afternoon “debriefing the debriefer” session was fun, engaging and practical. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to learn from you!“
For more information, or to register, please contact Dr. Afshin Khazei at email@example.com, EM Network Continuing Professional Training Program Lead.