Simulation-Assisted Emergency Medicine Procedures (SEMP)
The SEMP course allows physicians providing emergency care to acquire, review and practice their skill in essential life-saving emergency procedures including:
- Needle cricothyrotomy and transtracheal jet ventilation
- Open cricothyrotomy
- Needle thoracostomy
- Guide-wire chest tube placement
- Intraosseous vascular access in adults
- Intraosseous vascular access in children
- Central line vascular access, landmark technique
- Ultrasound-guided central line vascular access
- Crisis resource management and strategies to reduce cognitive errors.
Course Format: Hands-on simulation course using highly-realistic task-trainers and human patient simulators combined with pre-course online modules. 24 participants maximum.
Target audience: physicians practicing emergency care; also open to interprofessional teams of physicians, nurses, paramedics, and respiratory therapists
For information on registration: https://ubccpd.ca/course/EMP2019