Racism in medical research: history and future directions
Date: Wednesday, May 10
Time: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- To learn about the history of racism and colonialism in medical research, both nationally and internationally.
- To appreciate that there is always a cost to knowledge.
- To understand methods to begin to address historical injustices in medical research and to initiate respectful collaboration.
Frank Scheuermeyer, MD MHSc
Clinical Associate Professor and Interim Research Director, UBC Department of Emergency Medicine
Locations (in person):
- Kelowna – KGH – CAC235
- New Westminster – RCH – 017
- Victoria – RJH CA 130
- Vancouver – DHCC 2263
- Vancouver – SPH – LT 1477
Zoom ID: 92014221648 / Passcode: 221648