Pediatric Emergency Procedures (PEMP)
This course is designed to allow physicians to acquire and review their skills in essential life-saving emergency procedures including:
- Needle Cricothyrotomy and transtracheal jet ventilation
- Open Cricothyrotomy
- Needle Thoracostomy
- Chest Tube insertion
- Intraosseous Vascular access
- Central line Vascular access, landmark technique
- Ultrasound-guided Central line vascular access
- Crisis Resource Management and cognitive error mitigation
PEMP combines online modules with an intensive immersive hands-on simulation experience that allows for realistic and clinically relevant practice of the procedures followed by integration of the procedures into the overall care of a simulated critically ill child.
Target audience: physicians practicing emergency care
Information on registration.