Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) is an international course that teaches participants the basic skills necessary for timely management of traumatic injury. The course includes didactic and practical sessions.
Participants will learn to identify injuries associated with major trauma, management of skills required for early resuscitation, and treatment of injured patients.
- Assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately
- Resuscitate and stabilize the patient according to priority
- Determine if the patient’s needs exceed a facility’s capacity
- Arrange appropriately for the patient’s inter-hospital transfer (who, what, when, and how)
- Assure that optimum care is provided and maintained throughout the evaluation, resuscitation, or transfer processes
Target audience: physicians practicing emergency care