COVID-19 PPE & Safety Precautions
Please consult the BC CDC guidelines on personal protective equipment in addition to guidelines issued by your own Health Authority.
- General Personal Protective Equipment Guidelines (BC CDC) – Regularly Updated
- Recommendations for PPE in the Emergency Department During COVID-19 (CAEP) – Last Updated April 20, 2020
- Infection Control Guidelines on the Management of Critical Adults with COVID-19 (BC CDC) – Regularly Updated
- COVID-19 Ultrasound Workflow & Safety (St. Paul’s Hospital) – Last Updated March 22, 2020
- COVID-19 Cell Phone Hygiene – Last Updated March 30, 2020
- COVID-19 Oxygen Therapy and Aerosol Generating Medical Procedures (AGMP) (VCH) – Last Updated April 2, 2020
The purpose of this document is to provide health care professionals with key facts and recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of patients in the emergency department. This summary was produced by the BC Emergency Medicine Network and uses the best available knowledge at the time of publication. However, healthcare professionals should continue to use their own judgment and take into consideration context, resources and other relevant factors. The BC Emergency Medicine Network is not liable for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs or obligations arising from the use of this document including loss or damages arising from any claims made by a third party. The BC Emergency Medicine Network also assumes no responsibility or liability for changes made to this document without its consent.
Last Updated Apr 30, 2020
Visit our website at https://www.bcemergencynetwork.ca
Add public comment…